World known electronics manufacturer Panasonic has launched it’s new Android mobile operating system based Smartphone which is being called “ELUGA”. The ELUGA – whose name stems from the phrase “elegant user-oriented gateway”. On a recent news release, Panasonic has confirmed the availability of their brand new Smartphone for the European consumers.
This ultra-slim phone weighs just 103g which Panasonic claims to be the lightest Smartphone available in Europe. One of the most intriguing part of this phone is, it is amazingly Water and Dustproof. The screen comprise 66% of the entire body which is also one of the largest in terms of Screen ratio.
Some of the Key Features of ELUGA includes :
- An ultra-slim D shaped design, with a slender 123×62.0×7.8mm frame.
- International standard IP57 water and dustproofing. Protected for up to a depth of 1 metre for up to 30 minutes in water, and protected against dust (75 micrometers or less in diameter/no harmful deposit) if left near or in it for eight hours or less.
- Near-field communication (NFC) technology, meaning the phone is ready for ‘no touch’ interactions, including contactless payments.
- A 4.3 inch, 960×540, capacitive OLED QHD screen with one of the largest display area ratio on the market.
- Swipe and Share, letting users wirelessly ‘throw’ pictures from their phone to a TV or cloud service, or stream movies from their phone to a TV. The VieraRemote app also enables the phone to be used as a remote control for other electronic devices in the home (such as a Viera TV, DIGA Blu-ray player and recorder, home cinema system, or digital still camera).
- An 8MP autofocus camera, with 8GB of integrated memory.
- A 1GHz dual-core processor ( OMAP4430 ), with Android Gingerbread (version 2.3.5) on-board, to be upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich from summer 2012.
The ELUGA will also feature “eco mode”, a Panasonic’s unique power-saving technology which will provide significant environmental benefit by shutting down non-essential features when the phone is running low on battery power. You can find more information on this device from Panasonic’s Smartphones web site for Europe.