I think we all know by now that Google Chromebook would be available for sale from June 15. However, if you already participated on Google’s CR-48 pilot program back in December 2010, may be you are lucky enough to get it in advance. For those who doesn’t know anything about Google’s CR-48 pilot program, it was testing project by Google to get an initial response from it’s Chrome OS based netbook user. About 60,000 Cr-48s were distributed to testers and reviewers in early December 2010. Response from different reviewers were mixed.
This evening I received a mail from Google’s “Chromebook Team” stating,
We’re excited about the brand-new Samsung Chromebook that goes on sale on June 15. Fortunately, we’ve managed to get our hands on a few machines a little earlier, and we’d like to make these available to you, our biggest enthusiasts.
Unfortunately, Chromebook is not available yet from Chromebook’s home page. You have to buy it from another company called ”Gilt” & you must use the same email address that you used already to participate on Google’s pilot program to be eligible for this purchase. You can directly go to this link to find out more right now. We have managed to get some photos of upcoming Google’s Chromebook. Visit our Facebook page for more photos.
On a press release Samsung revealed some of it’s features, which will go on sale from Amazon.com & BestBuy.com
Key specification of upcoming Samsung Google Chromebook:
- 0.79-inch thin case designed for comfort and mobility
- Full-size Chrome keyboard
- Oversized multi-touch trackpad
- Intel® Dual-core Processor
- 16:10 resolution
- 12.1-inch SuperBright Display – 36% brighter than standard display
- Starts up in less than 10-seconds
- Resumes instantly from standby
- Up to 8.5 hours battery life (depending configuration, settings etc.)
- HD Webcam, built-in digital microphone and stereo speakers
- Two USB ports capable of charging mobile phones and accessories,connecting digital cameras and media storage devices
- Support for removable media cards (SD, SDHC, MMC) for photos, videos,music and documents
The Wi-Fi + 3G model will retail at $499.99, and the Wi-Fi only modelwill retail at $429.99.