Today on a news release, AT&T has confirmed the availability of their Cloud Based MDM (Mobile Device Management) solutions for Small Business. Previously, these solutions were only available for large enterprises to highly secure their mobile devices like Smartphones and tablets. AT&T believes that with rapid growth of smartphone and table devices usage within Small Businesses, their MDM solutions could be highly effective for comparatively smaller businesses as well.
The new release states that, “AT&T MDM solutions allow small businesses to proactively manage employees’ mobile devices and data usage, making it easier for the company to enforce management policies while still empowering workers with mobile access. With cloud-based MDM, small business owners don’t need to invest in installing hardware to support the service because it’s hosted and managed by AT&T.”
This decision of launching MDM solutions for small business came after a recent poll (AT&T Small Business Technology Poll 2012) result, which shows that nearly 90 percent of small businesses use smartphone and more than four in ten small businesses reported all of their employees use them to work away from the office. This statistics also indicates the usage of smartphones on small businesses has increased nearly 80 percent over the last three years.
According to the news release, the key features of AT&T’s MDM solutions for small business (20 employees) are as follows:
- Lost device detection, including password recovery, device lock, wipe, and encryption.
- Remote configuration of email, Wi-Fi, and Virtual Private Networks (VPNs).
- Asset management features that enable business owners to keep track of company-owned devices.
- App distribution capabilities that allow business owners to push mission-critical apps to their employees.
- App whitelist/blacklist capabilities help control how company-owned smartphones are used.
However, AT&T also promises to help business owners to determine and develop their mobility policy and strategies along with providing support, implementation and hosting the entire solution at a reasonable cost.
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /homepages/46/d530413940/htdocs/e-dirts.com/wp-content/themes/magazine/single.php on line 21